Chief Medical Officer, Myanmar
- Location: Yangon, Myanmar
- Permanent Residential Position ( minimum 2-3 years commitment)
- Availability of position : April 2022
The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for a team of Clinic Doctors (national and expatriate) and the medical management of the International SOS clinic which provides primary and emergency health care services through the development of a quality focused general practice environment. In addition to the clinical focus the role is responsible to position International SOS as the principal health care provider in the local international community.
- Management and Administration
- Provide clinic leadership to the medical team.
- Responsible for the adequate resourcing of the medical team, with pro-active recruitment and retention strategies to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Liaise with the local and international Human Resource departments and Group General Manager Professional Development to oversee the recruitment of adequately skilled and experienced medical professionals.
- Create and maintain effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
- Oversee medical staff succession planning and development programs in conjunction with the Group General Manager Professional Development.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of any actions taken regarding specific individual performance and to deal with any disciplinary or grievance matters in accordance with International SOS’s policies and procedures.
- Establish regular communication mechanisms to ensure the medical team is across organizational and business objectives.
- Ensure that patient’s medical files and documentation are maintained to highest standards and in accordance with International SOS standards for clinic services.
- Assist in the maintenance, selection and control of the medical equipment and supplies available in the clinic when required.
- Ensure that all operational delivery of medical services and patient care performed by medical and clinic support staff meet the appropriate standard of medical quality in accordance with International SOS operations guidelines.
- Ensure all medical and clinic support staff are familiar with all relevant International SOS policies and procedures and that they are followed at all times.
- Responsible for quality assurance/reviewing programs of the clinic.
- Directly responsible to review and respond to any medical complaints which arise using the International SOS procedure guidelines in conjunction with the Medical Director.
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of clinical education programs to all medical staff (national and expatriate) in the clinic.
- Undertake clinical consultations and provide a high standard of service and care to patients attending the International SOS Clinic.
- Develop a family orientated clinic practice with continuity of care and appropriate follow-up and referral.
- Assist with the implementation of preventative care strategies, including structuring and performing medical screening services.
- Manage the delivery of competent and professional health services according to the International SOS standards.
- Assist with ensuring appropriate patient triage and flow within the clinic.
- Perform rounds in the clinic emergency room and short-term inpatient beds including morning and evening handovers to other medical personnel when required.
Client and Promotion of International SOS Services
- Assist the local Sales and Marketing department in explaining International SOS’ medical services to prospective and existing clients.
- Participate in appropriate social, professional and networking events which assist International SOS with strengthening brand and service awareness within the key market segments.
- Work with members of the senior management team on initiatives to enhance the clinic profile and activity.
- Participate actively in appropriate social and professional activities to promote International SOS services.
- Presentation of important health topics to interested community groups.
- Educate non-medical staff in medical matters where relevant.
- Act as a medical escort when required for appropriate medical evacuations.
- Occasionally assist with locums in our medical clinics worldwide.
- To work within and promote all International SOS’s policies, procedures and corporate values.
- To be aware of International SOS’ OH&S policies, practices and procedures and actively participate in the ongoing development and enhancement of these important areas of our business.
- Undertaking project work or reasonable duties as requested by the direct Manager.
Full registration to practice medicine in country of origin
Required Skills and Abilities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively balance medical needs with commercial considerations
- Quality of care focus
- Professional bedside manner
- Confident clinical decision making skills
- Time management
- Team player
- Work effectively with non-medical staff
- Cultural awareness
Required Work Experience/Knowledge
- Experience with general practice management and administration
- 8-10 years plus post graduate experience within general practice and accident & emergency
Remuneration: Competitive package and allowances
To submit an application for this position, please send your latest resume to Dimitri Frison-Roche Dimitri.Frison-Roche@internationalsos.com